As a result of an extensive review of literature and evaluation of different leadership structures as related to the SENG mission and expansion opportunities, we are pleased to announce the following new position openings. Please see below for responsibilities, qualifications and details regarding how to apply. Any questions can be directed to [email protected]
The Development Director is an entrepreneurial partner who reports to the Executive Director and is able to translate strategic plans into effective development plans to raise funds and support marketing for SENG. The Development Director is expected to have expertise in traditional fundraising methods as well as online fundraising and communications. This individual needs to be goal driven with a significant track record of success. The proper candidate will be motivated to quickly prove success with an eye to develop the role operations and the creation of a development team.
- Implements co-designed strategic plan as related to fundraising and communications
- Builds partnerships with individuals and foundations who have potential to fund SENG programming and expansion (Including identifying, qualifying, soliciting and stewarding major gifts)
- SENG’s annual giving campaign
- Oversight of and development of grant writing program
- Aligning communications to advance mission
- Develops and implements operational plans that include Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, and Brand Content Management
- Evaluates existing development practices to identify improvement opportunities
- Assesses and communicates development and marketing progress
- Identifies new potential funding sources
- Partners with SENG team to provide development, fundraising and communications training as may be helpful
- Collaborates with SENG staff to identify funds needed to implement new programs and expand existing programs
- Reviews and develops evidence-based practices for the SENGVine, social media and other SENG communications
- Serves as a trusted community voice, collaborating with programming efforts
- Monitors development objectives to be sure they are aligned to SENG programming
- Collaborates and partners with SENG Executive Director and BOD to maximize communication
- Keep Executive Director well informed of all strategic planning, activities, and accomplishments as related to responsibilities and duties identified above.
- Travels to conference location twice per year and be an active presence on select evening and weekends as programming requires
- Must embrace the SENG mission and vision.
- Evidence of 8+ years of successful mission-oriented and professional fundraising, development and communications experience, preferably non-profit organizations
- Evidence of At least 5 years of community development experience, successfully building external relationships and productive partnerships
- Brand development and digital marketing experience preferred
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits, fundraising calls, and other fundraising techniques.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Highly developed emotional, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Must represent SENG in a professional and engaging manner with a demonstrated presence, self confidence, and good listening ability.
- Evidence of commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive community Evidence of capacity to establish and foster a warm, supportive and positive environment for program participants and staff.
- Evidence of ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and growth oriented environment that values flexibility, open-mindedness, humility and hard work
- Possess the skills to successfully collaborate with and motivate staff, board of directors, and volunteers.
- Evidence of familiarity and work with gifted development and programming
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably business, non-profit administration, or public administration
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields preferred but not required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Submission Deadline: UNTIL FILLED
Please submit complete application documents to [email protected]. In the subject line, please reference the position of interest. Only completed applications will be considered.
A completed application should include:
- Letter of introduction and interest to include desired salary range
- Resume/ Vitae to include work history and relevant positions
- 3 professional letters of recommendation;
- 2 additional references contact information
- credential verification documents, as needed