James T. Webb Scholarship
The James T. Webb Scholarship currently extends the opportunity for identified gifted and talented students from culturally diverse populations and a parent to participate in the SENG Annual Conference. Students attend the program for children or teens. Parents attend concurrent general sessions.
The SENG Youth Program provides an environment in which students ages 6-16 can have fun while learning new skills, exploring new places, and engaging in activities with other gifted children from across the nation and other countries. Activities are designed to meet their special interests and needs, with an emphasis on social interaction and fun.
The SENG Youth Program is made possible though the generosity of our donors. If SENG has made a difference in your life, please consider making a difference to someone else’s.
What does the scholarship provide?
The scholarship consists of complimentary conference registration (including conference meals) for a family, one parent and one child (age 6-16), to participate in conference (some limitations may apply).
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Culturally or ethnically diverse gifted students from undeserved minority groups
- Reside in the local area hosting the SENG Annual Conference or be able to access conference site independently. No travel or lodging funds are available.
- Qualify for the free or reduced-price lunch program.
- Be of the ages specified for their particular conference program.
What are the selection criteria?
- The student meets the aforementioned eligibility criteria.
- Letter of aptitude/talent verification from school or clinician.
- Written statement indicating interest in attending the SENG Conference
- Proof of free or reduced lunch program eligibility.
What are the additional requirements?
- Adults and children should be conversant in English to benefit from the Conference experience.
- Finalist shall be interviewed by a member of the SENG Diversity Committee, within 30 days of the event, to describe how they benefited from conference participation.
- Families agree to SENG’s use of conference photographs for educational/promotional purposes in print or online.
What are the important dates?
Application must be postmarked by May 15, 2017
Awardees will be notified by June 1, 2017
Where do I apply?
Submit your application in to:
P.O. Box 1184
Schenectady NY 12301
Phone: (844) 488-SENG
Fax: (844) 433-SENG
Incomplete applications will be forfeit.
Questions? Contact us.