Lori’s Top Ten Summer Activities for Gifted Kids
By Lori Comallie-Caplan
I can’t believe it is only a month before school lets out, and the children are all looking for something to do. Here is my version of David Letterman’s Top Ten. I want to thank the SENG Facebook members for their help in creating this list.
10. Go for self-serve frozen yogurt. (Amanda Arders)
9. Do anything with water.
8. Go on a virtual fieldtrip.
7. Listen to the top ten TED Talks for Kids.
6. Explore Descartes’ Cove. (Bethanne Jones)
5. Enroll in a summer camp. (Find a camp through the American Camp Association.)
4. Explore Club Scientific. (Laura Liebowitz Brownlee)
3. Check out Camp Invention.
2. Try geocaching (Carolyn K)
And the number one summer activity for gifted kids …
1. Attend the annual SENG Conference Children and Teen’s Program. (Jennifer Livernois)
Hope to see you all in July in Orlando at the SENG conference. P.S.: The kids are going to Epcot as part of this program! And the conference hotel has waterslides!