Presented by Sharon Barnes
Date, Time, Cost
Thursday, August 24th
7.30PM EDT – 9.00PM EDT
Fee: $30.00 for SENG Members; $40.00 for Non-Members
Enjoy the benefits of Membership… become a SENG MEMBER today!
Relationships are essential for anyone, and often challenging for gifted people. This topic explores the challenges unique to gifted couples, and lays out tools they can use to improve their couple relationships. Couple relationships can be daunting for anyone. Modern expectations of marriage place unprecedented pressures on a married couple’s relationship. Other types of couple relationships are equally complex and challenging. The Gifted characteristics of acute awareness, sensitivity and intensity can combine to amplify the difficulties for gifted couples. This SENGinar will explore these difficulties and move on to discuss perspectives and practical tools Gifted couples can use to more through these snags toward experiencing a satisfying, mutually rewarding relationship.
Topics included will be
- How sensitivity and intensity play a role in a gifted couple’s relationship; how to identify them when they do, and how to get through the difficulty this may bring so you can access the often hidden benefit it may also bring.
- The four main issues gifted couples fight about, and how to resolve these differences without a fight by identifying the hidden needs and getting those needs met
- If a fight is necessary, or when you find yourselves fighting, how to fight fair in love without making war
- Opposites often attract – how your similarities and differences impact a gifted couple’s relationship
- Emotions are woven into all of this. Yet we live in modern culture where having and discussing emotions are taboo. You’ll learn how to cross this taboo without getting hurt, how to become aware of your emotions and express them constructively in ways that nurture and nourish a gifted couple’s relationship.
About the Presenter
View Recording on Vimeo