SENG 2018 Annual Conference Call for Proposals
SENG Annual Conference
San Diego, July 19-22
Town and Country Resort
CALL FOR PROPOSALS AND PRELIMINARY REGISTRATION FOR SENG CONFERENCE 2018
SENG Conferences are unique in their emphasis on the social and emotional well-being of gifted individuals and communities across the globe. The SENG conference features an aura of humility, connectivity, and learning. In short, it is a place where the gifted individual can feel valued and accepted, sometimes for the first time. “Walking into a SENG conference is like leaning into a warm embrace of understanding. Those of us in the gifted community hail from various places, possess different traits, and express ourselves uniquely, and the SENG conference welcomes us all with open arms, fostering an atmosphere of acceptance and growth. Some of the best lessons on gifted support I’ve learned were imparted at SENG conferences, and some of my most authentic friendships were born there as well.” We hope that you will join us at this special conference to share your knowledge and expertise. In doing so, we truly believe that your contribution will help others recognize that understanding, and accepting the social and emotional needs of this unique population are an essential priority for parents, teachers, psychologists, counselors and those in the medical industry. While SENG supports strong gifted education programs, but we believe the emotional piece is the foundation for the development of healthy, happy, well-adjusted, appropriately educated, and contributing gifted members of society. We invite advocates, educators, entrepreneurs, healthcare providers, individuals, parents and professionals interested in presenting to this unique community to submit their proposal for consideration on or before Monday, January 15th, 2018.
Topics of interest include:
- Guiding the gifted experience across the life span:
- Toddlers and Children, Youth and Young Adults, Mid-life, mid-career Adults and Elderly, retired adults.
- Guiding the gifted experience for diversity and difference:
- LGBTQ, Twice exceptional, Culturally diverse, ESOL, spirituality and religion.
- Guiding the gifted experience socially and emotionally:
- Intensities, over-excitabilities, mental health, relating with others, trauma, perfectionism and procrastination, self-esteem, resilience.
- Guiding the gifted experience in your role:
- Parents, grandparents and other family; Teachers; Psychologists and counsellors; Researchers and Graduate students.
- Guiding the gifted experience in learning environments:
- Early childhood centers and schools; home, including homeschooling; community; university; the workplace.
The Conference will be organized over three days beginning Thursday, July 19 with Continuing Education Programs, SMPG Training, an exhibitor’s hall, sponsorship, advertising opportunities, and an evening reception.
Projected attendance 500 persons.
Call for Proposals
We would be pleased to receive abstracts from interested presenters that follow SENG Conference Themes. Abstracts should clearly define the objectives of the presentation, topics covered, key conclusions reached, and potential benefits for the gifted community. Abstracts should be no more than 300 words in length and shall include:
- Personal Information:
- Presentation Title:
- Brief Description of Presentation. Please summarize the presentation in 50 words or less
- Brief Bio: 50 words or less
- Presentation Theme: Choose One
- Level of Content for Audience: General, Intermediate, Advanced
- Format of Presentation: Lecture, Panel, Workshop, Roundtable Discussion
- References: Provide at least two
- If you have presented at a previous SENG conference, please indicate the year.
Due to the rising costs of conducting a large conference, SENG is required to charge fees for speakers.
Speaker Rate (SENG Member): $200
Speaker Rate (Non-Member): $250
October 30, 2017: RFP Presenters Opens
November 27, 2017: Sponsors and Exhibitor Registration Opens
January 1, 2018: Early Registration Opens
January 15, 2018: RFP New Deadline
February 2, 2018: Speaker Notification
May 15, 2018: Sponsors and Exhibitors Insertion Orders Due
June 1, 2018 Early Bird Registration Closes
July 13, 2018 No refunds for cancellations after 7/6/16
July 19, 2018 CE Sessions SMPG Training
July 19-22, 2018 Conference
Conference Committee Team:
Dr. Michael Postma
Interim Executive Director
Dr. Kate Bachtel
SENG Board President
Dr. Tracy Riley
SENG Board Director
Incoming SENG Board Director