What to Do When The Sky is Falling — Tools for Helping Gifted Kids & Teens Cope With Trauma
Gifted kids and teens, due to the combination of their abilities and over-excitabilities are often impacted by trauma and tragedy more than their less sensitive peers.
What can you do when a creative, highly sensitive, intense, gifted child or teen is traumatized by tragedy, when it’s on the other side of the country or world? What can you do to help them when the tragedy or trauma is in your own community?
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Seven signs of a normal response to trauma
- The one simple first, best and last mind-body tool that can be used anywhere, any time to counteract the negative effects of trauma
- Two underlying principals to guide your trauma interventions with your sensitive, gifted child
- Four things to DO to help them process their difficult emotions
- Three ways to tell if or when to get professional help for your student with Trauma Exposure
Date, Time, Cost
Thursday, January 19, 2017
7:30pm – 9:00pm Eastern (4:30pm – 6:00pm Pacific)
Fee: $30.00 for SENG Members; $40.00 for Non-Members
Enjoy the benefits of Membership… become a SENG MEMBER today!
About the Presenter
View the Recording
The webinar was recorded live on January 19, 2017. Everyone who registers for a live SENGinar will have access to the event within approximately one week of the live presentation. To receive your membership discount; use the code you received when you initiated membership. For assistance with your membership discount, call the SENG Office at (844) 488-SENG or email us at email@example.com. Be advised that SENG is unable to refund webinar registrations. Discounts do not apply to Continuing Education webinars or pre-recorded SENGinars.